The media (for example: TV, radio, newspapers, Internet) give a piece of advice to parents, and also the information that are currently needed, such as: curricula, optional and evening activities, role of parents in school life and process of education of a child, environmental conditions. The editions in larger scale mean also a possibility for parents to compare their situation to other parents across the world and (possibly) to co-operate with them. There is a place for presentations of parents-teachers associations’ achievement, their new ideas and problems.
- to make the groups of three-five people
- to prepare a scenario of TV publicist program (or radio discussion, etc.) in which every member of your group will take a part discussing on the chosen topic, for example: parents rights, home and school responsibilities, mutual obligations, etc.
- to present your team’s ‘program’ as a part of panel discussion.
- to prepare Parents’ Website - description of this site’s organization and contents;
- to explain why such the contents, why such form of dissemination of knowledge, why this shape of chatting, etc.
The above examples might train people’s skills to co-operate and also could provide them with needed knowledge. Besides, it seems they convinced that it is a good way to change people’s habits blocking their openness to each other. In accordance to the features of home-school, parents-teachers co-operation that is presented in the above description of selected ‘practical examples’, one could say that real partnership in education could be synonymously understood as a ‘democracy in practice’.